National Mirror Server
ftp.heanet.ie is the HEAnet National Mirror Server, providing 24 hour access to mirrored content to the HEAnet community and beyond. We mirror a wide range of open-source software, libraries, technical documentation and internet standards. If there is anything you would like us to mirror, including software developed within the HEAnet community, please mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
ftp.heanet.ie is currently running on a cluster of four Dell PowerEdge R905s with two PowerEdge R300s acting as front-end loadbalancers. A PowerEdge 2650 also acts as an rsync and content mirroring client.
- Each node is a quad-processor, quad-core AMD Opteron @ 2Ghz, with 64GB of RAM and dual 73GB 15,000 RPM scsi mirrored system disks. Each node is connected via 2 x 10Gb/s active/backup links, with a 10Gb/s uplink to the HEAnet backbone.
- Load Balancers:
- (esteban|zia).heanet.ie are 2.6Ghz Intel Xeons with 12GB of RAM. Load balancing, failover and node monitoring are provided by IPVS (in Direct Routing mode), heartbeat and ldirectord.
- gaspard.heanet.ie is a 2.5Ghz Quad Core Xeon, with 8Gb of RAM and a bonded gigabit ethernet uplink.
- ftp.heanet.ie makes use of HEAnet's high performance storage platform, which is a 10 node Isilon IQ cluster providing approx. 155TB of storage.
- Each node in the ftp.heanet.ie cluster is connected via 2 x 10Gb/s bonded ethernet links in active/passive mode, providing a 10Gb/s uplink to the HEAnet National backbone (see www.hea.net) and beyond. ftp.heanet.ie is physically located in Blanchardstown, Dublin.
We currently offer a range of methods to access ftp.heanet.ie. At present we support http, ftp and rsync. All 3 methods are available in IPv4 and IPv6. ftp.heanet.ie should resolve to the correct IP version for you, but you can force selection by using ftp.ipv4.heanet.ie or ftp.ipv6.heanet.ie.