SmokePing keeps track of your network latency:
- Best of breed latency visualisation.
- Interactive graph exlorer.
- Wide range of latency measurment plugins.
- Master/Slave System for distributed measurement.
- Highly configurable alerting system.
- Live Latency Charts with the most 'interesting' graphs.
- Free and OpenSource Software written in Perl written by Tobi Oetiker, the creator of MRTG and RRDtool
New in Version 2.4 (The SmokeTrace edition)
- The 'blazemode' option for the FPing probe, so that the first (slow) ping packet can be ignored.
New in Version 2.3 (The large site feature edition)
- Measurement targets can be organized into multiple hierarchies.
- The filter system lets you the find the right graphs directly.
- Hide individual targets or whole branches from the default menu tree.
- The Master/Slave mode has become both more stable and more configurable.
New in Version 2.2 (The we go ajax edition)
- AJAX based interactive Graph Zooming
- Click on any graph in detail mode and use the mouse to mark your area of interest in navigator graph. See here.
- Multi Target Graphs
- Show information from multiple targets in a graph. See here..
- Master/Slave setup for multi source smokeping deployments.
- With one central Smokeping Master node, you can run a series of Slave nodes, taking their configuration from the master. This allows you to ping a single target from multiple locations. See here.
- Standard Deviation
- The standard deviation is now used in several places to give a number for the variation in round trip times as depicted by the smoke.